Once, you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things (although you should feel free to blow this off). At the end, you choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I have known you forever or because probably effing tagged me. Only TWO DUDES made the cut and that is because you tagged me Tom and Pat!!! Apologies if I forgot to tag you, I am now DONE with the exercise.
(To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the “in this note”), then click post).
DISCLAIMER: I never do these. Mostly because I fret about my answers not being cool enough/funny enough/insightful enough, that I will forget something the second I send it off, I loathe chain letters and because I think, “Why the hell do my friends and family want to read about shit they already know?” Well, eff it, I am officially an Aunt now, I can be wacky.
1. I eat the ridges off my regular size Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups first. Colored candies like Skittles and M&Ms? I separate them into color groups and pairs and then eat them according to color hierarchy. Always.
2. I don’t know how much I weigh.
3. When I was four, I interrupted Jack Nicholson who was a guest at the Telluride Film Festival, and was in the middle of a seminar in front of about 100 people. He had water on the table and I was thirsty. He stopped, picked me up, plopped me in his lap and poured the water into my cup. Photos were taken and parents were slack-jawed. About 25 years later, I met him at work, and told him the story. It was cool.
4. I really love chivalry, and I really also love Beavis and Butt-head.
5. I love my brother fiercely. And more when he settled down with my sister-in-law, and even more when he had a son.
6. I can tie a maraschino cherry stem in a knot with my tongue.
7. I know for sure that the gray area takes up way more space than the black and white.
8. In my opinion, I am severely under-traveled. I am dying to go to Italy. And everywhere else. I try not to feel bad about this or have miss-out syndrome.
9. An atom bomb went off in my life in 2004 and there was a nuclear winter throughout 2005. I almost didn’t make it. Let me repeat: I almost did not make it. Now, having problems like credit card debt seems like a Valentine.
10. Dark chocolate. Bacon. My grandmother’s meatballs. Cooking for people I love. All delightful.
11. Here’s a statement I have never heard someone say to me before: “Tell us how you really feel!” Wow, did you just make that up? Oh, and I never met an opinion I didn’t like.
12. I have heard more than not that I am intimidating. Really? I thought I was just discerning. I am actually a heart on Jell-o springs.
13. I now see my mom as an individual, who has a whole life and history that has nothing to do with her role as my mom. This helps.
14. I lived with my Dad for three years, only seven months ago. I had not lived with him since I was 16. We had a lot of good laughs and I healed a lot of old hurt.
15. My physical goals for 2009 are to run another half-marathon, do a back-walkover and finally do Crow. Damn you, Crow!
16. I cannot tell a joke to save my skin or yours, but I am THE best audience ever. I love to laugh.
17. While 2008 will go down as an unsettling year for many, I was overjoyed by the campaign and elections, the Olympics, a new job, my nephew and mostly to reconnect with so many beloved old friends. Facebook be damned for inciting some of those latent middle school insecurities, but they could not compete with the floods of warmth and goodwill and laughter at finding so many of you all growns up! You are beautiful.
18. I would totally run for office, but only if I had a really good campaign manager, brilliant accountant, and tight band of supporters. That would help me have a thick skin. I never felt more alive than walking the halls of the Congressional offices last summer…
19. I am the person friends call when they need information. I am like a trivia concierge and I can change a tire. Try me.
20. I love love. I want to love more.
21. I believe in getting past your side and my side and dealing with the truth.
22. I think I’d be a good mom. I’d screw up a bunch, but the chance to try would be awesome.
23. Hummingbirds are magic. So are movies.
24. I just read that wonder is innocence turned outward. That is how I feel when I look at the stars every night.
25. I would like to win an Oscar, mostly so I can give an acceptance speech thanking all of you while wearing a fucking phenomenal dress and then have everyone over for dinner so they can hold it and give their own acceptance speech! SOOO fun right?!!
Original Comments from FB:
Jud…ahhh, so you…..love your intellect, your humor, your love, YOU!!! Thank you for sharing….
January 29, 2009 at 9:38pm
Awesome! Perfect! Have the Oscar party anyway.
January 29, 2009 at 10:03pm
(1) Well, of course now some of us are dying to know why You Almost Didn’t Make It. But I guess the Internet might not be the best forum for that kind of thing, so we’ll just have to live with the mystery.
(2) What/who/why is Crow?
(3) T…he combination of your Jack Nicholson story in 3. and your desire for the truth in 21. require, of course . . . you know where this is going . . .”The truth?! You can’t handle the truth!”
January 30, 2009 at 4:39am
(1) Yep, that is for off wall. Friends and family and a good lawyer named Rocky got me through.
(2) Crow is a yoga pose where you squat, put your hands on the floor, then balance your knees on the back of elbows. I crumble every time, b…ut not in 09!
(3) Love this connection!See More
January 30, 2009 at 6:01am
Not sure what you were worried about J. As expected, your list is cool, insightful and funny enough for me! Thanks for sharing.
January 30, 2009 at 6:41am
You can now dismiss your insecurities. You are officially brilliant, funny, gracious, honest and the academy award goes to……
January 30, 2009 at 7:54am
January 30, 2009 at 8:09am
See?!? All a reflection of YOU! Very cool peeps. xoxo
January 30, 2009 at 8:16am
Girl, I got you covered on #8 – Andiamo per un viaggio dappertutto l’Italia nel 2010… And your #9 made you an angel to me during my #9… And #15 – I will run the Nike (or any other) half marathon with you in SF, and you are 85% legs like me so I will teach you how the tall people rock not only crow but Scissor Side Crow!
January 30, 2009 at 8:39am
Beautifully put Justine.
January 30, 2009 at 9:11am
I think my #1 will be that I wish I could put together a list as beautifully inspired and set forth as Justine’s! Love it- you need to write a book- I would buy it.
January 30, 2009 at 10:27am
i’d vote for you for whatever :) no question!
February 3, 2009 at 8:13pm
oooh, my first constituent!!
February 3, 2009 at 8:28pm