I picked up my race bib and packet of goodies from The North Face store today. Lucky number 1128! (Or something.) I just like that it starts with an 11.
Here are some of my thoughts and concerns as the race is now less than 48 hours away:
• I am very tired. I have not been sleeping enough/well.
• My left knee… should I even mention that it hurts when I walk but that I can get into a stride when I am running that I don’t feel it? Except when I stop?
• The weather is and will be beautiful.
• Beautiful weather is giving me allergies. Allergies give me asthma. I never should have cancelled the appointment with the allergy doc last month and then not rescheduled.
• I am excited.
• I am nervous.
• I have nothing to wear on Saturday night. NO, really. Today, I bought my perfume that ran out in October instead of a new dress (that needed to be on sale and perfect) because I need to smell like me. I miss my smell. Now I smell goooooood.
• I have a cheering section at the finish line!
• How far should I run tonight?
• Ewww, I have to get some Gu packs. A necessary evil.
• Yay, that means I get to go to the Sports Basement on the way home.
• iPod or no iPod for this kind of race?
• I totally got my new lamp timer to work! It’s light when I come home now.
This is going to be fun.
Click “Comments” below to see comments from original FB posts.